Beach Bod Alert: Summer Conditioning Circuits
May 27, 2017
Everybody knows Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial summer kick off. But are you ready for bikini season?
If not, don’t freak out. #TeamBPI athlete, Victoria D’Ariano has got three summer conditioning circuits that will help you tone up quick, without the dreaded treadmill. Incorporate one of the workouts into your routine once or twice a week to get your cardio in.
Complete the workout of your choice by doing 5 rounds of 20 reps of each exercise. Rest after you complete all 5 exercises, then move on to your next round.
1) Sumo squat to overhead shoulder press (with dumbbells or if performing at home use a tub of BPI protein powder for the weight)
2) Plyometric Jump Lung (alternating legs)
3) Burpees with squat jump
4) 1 minute of skipping
5) Mountain climbers
1) Lunge with a twist (holding medicine ball or DB)
2) Sumo squat to overhead shoulder press (with dumbbells)
3) Med ball slams
4) Box Jumps
5) Plank (hold for 1 minute)
Workout 3 (using battle ropes):
- 40 large double wave
- 40 alternating wave
- 40 in-and-outs
- 40 small double waves
- 20 power slams