National Lemonade Day Recipe
May 7, 2017
Few things are as refreshing as an ice-cold glass of lemonade on a hot day. In honor of National Lemonade Day, and with summer fast approaching, here is a quick and easy recipe to cool you down:
- 6 cups cold water
- ½ cup boiling water
- 2 cups fresh-squeezed lemon juice (8-10 lemons)
- 1 cup sugar
- Lemon slices (for garnish)
- Basil (for garnish)
- Stir sugar into the boiling water until dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Remove seeds from lemon juice, if necessary, but leave pulp.
- In a large pitcher, stir together cold water, lemon juice and sugar mixture.
- Serve lemonade over ice. Garnish each glass with a lemon slice and sprig of basil, if desired.
Looking for another way to enjoy that delicious lemonade taste? Try the Blueberry Lemonade flavor of Best BCAA™, available exclusively at Vitamin Shoppe!